Centre 42's Late-Night Texting is back! It's been a hugely popular event for the past two years, so do expect a sizeable crowd at the little blue house on 24 and 25 August. We thought it's best to get some preparation done before heading down there, so that you get higher chances of catching your favourite performing groups.
Photo by Centre 42
Here are some points to help you be mentally and physically prepared for one of the most well-received events in Singapore's theatre scene:
1. Know who's performing when. There will be a total of four performing groups, but not all will appear on the same night. Dark Matter Theatrics and GroundZ-0 will perform on both nights, whereas Main Tulis Group and The Second Breakfast Company will perform on Friday and Saturday night respectively. So if you plan to support a particular group, you know which night to come on.
2. Plan your time and know where to go. We've come up with a time-based rundown of performances for both days, so you can plan ahead. Here you go:
Click here for details of each performance.
3. It's hard to be greedy and kiasu. The shows are packed back-to-back. So it will be almost impossible to catch all shows. Test your planning skills to cover as many shows or groups as possible, or simply chill, join the nearest queue and wait to be surprised. It's all up to you.
4. There are other things to do. If watching performances is not really your cup of tea, you can visit BooksActually's pop-up store with a range of books and magazines, as well as a selection of panel discussions and book launches, including:
24 Aug, Fri
7:00pm - 8:00pm | Meet the Author — JY Yang
9:00pm - 10:00pm | Launch of Ideology #3 with Eve Yeo
25 Aug, Sat
7:00pm - 8:00pm | Writing Our Confessions — Pooja Nansi, Jollin Tan, Pranamika Subhalaxmi
9:00pm - 10:00pm | Millennial Poetry - What's the Deal? — Topaz Winters, Crispin Rodrigues, Tan Lixin, Werner Kho
Details of these sessions can be found here.
The yellow food truck by Coffee Bandits will also be at the courtyard to keep everyone full and hydrated through the night.
5. There's a way to skip the queue. Centre 42 and Late-Night Texting need your support to remain free and accessible to all. If you donate $50 and above, you will become a All-Night Texter and receive a Fast Pass to all the indoor performances.
Centre 42's neighbours on Waterloo Street such as The Theatre Practice, Objectifs, The Private Museum, etc. will also be having events around the same time. Do check them out in between performances at Late-Night Texting!
See you at Centre 42 on 24 and 25 August!
* All information is correct at time of publishing and is subject to change.