The training focuses on techniques to become a Voice Actor.
• Introduction to Voice Over and Voice Acting
• Bringing out the orator in you
• How to talk with ease
• How to get started - What it takes to be a VOA
• VO Games
• Pronunciation & Articulation - The neutral accent
• Mastering Accents
• Voice Acting & Impersonation
• Voice ages
• Voice Over Genres
• Auditioning process,
• Industry Insider Tips and Tricks
• Dos and Don'ts of VO beginner's
• VO Industry Terms and definitions
• Breathing Right to Sound Resonant
• VO Etiquette
• Vocal Care
• Script interpretation and narrative styles and stress marking
• VO Knowledge - Expert Insights
• How to succeed in vO
At the end of the beginner's guide - I send each participant
1. A first impression categorisation of their unique voices
2. With a pack of scripts from various genres. They can pick 4-5 scripts from the pack or scripts of their choice based on their voice strengths and my recommendations/suggestions on what genres they should concentrate on. This will be their prep for the Advanced Guide.
Requirements and Remarks:
**PLEASE REGISTER AT CCs COUNTER IF YOU ARE USING SKILLSFUTURE CREDIT TO OFFSET THE COURSE FEE**
There will be a 30 minutes break. No food or beverage is permitted to be served or consumed during the session or in the premises.
Please bring your own water, lunch and beverages.
For Singaporeans aged 25 years and above, you may use Skillsfuture Credit to directly offset course fees
for Skillsfuture@PA courses. Claiming of Skillsfuture Credit to Training Provider (Changi Simei CC) must
be carried out AT LEAST 7 DAYS before class start date. In failing to do so, the CC reserves the right to cancel his/her class enrolment.
You may apply the Skillsfuture Credit through www.myskillsfuture.gov.sg using MyskillsFuture Course Code: TGS-2018508503
All Sessions:#05-02 Activity Room( All Dates )
Changi Simei CC
View Trainer's Profile
She has played the lead characters in award-winning animated TV serials 'Ollie and Friends season 5' & 'Leo the Wildlife Ranger season 2'
Her voice features in TVCs, documentaries aired on Channel News Asia, corporate videos and spots including airlines like Singapore Airlines, Silk Air, Lufthansa & Qatar Airways, Big brands such as Vogue Eyewear, Bosch, Pampers, Similac, Banks such as Standard Chartered, HSBC, Barclays, Citibank and UOB, iconic tourism campaigns such as Malaysia Truly Asia, Taiwan Touch your heart, Seoul Infinitely Yours and Vietnam Hidden Charm and hotels and resorts such as Resorts World Sentosa, Gardens by the Bay, Park Royal Group and Marriot International.
She has acquired international recognition with a nomination for Best Voice Over, Outstanding Body of Work, and International at the prestigious Voice Arts Awards 2020 (SOVAS - Society of Voice Arts and Sciences) in New York, USA. She also won Best Voice Over, Corporate Film English Female at the India Voice Fest 2020.
VO credits for short films, animated TV serials that have won 'The Hollywood Film Festival', 'Cannes Lion Award', 'Giffoni Film Festival', 'Richmond International Film Festival' and 'Asian Academy Creative Awards'.
She has conducted workshops for international schools like United World College, Global Indian International school, and NPS and corporate workshops for employees of Salesforce, Mulesoft and Tableau.