In this event, we will introduce participants to the methods and processes of how TTRPG (tabletop roleplaying game) writers and designers build fantasy worlds and turn them into playable, interactive experiences. Participants work in groups to workshop their own stories to create storytelling games of their own.
• Build rich fantasy worlds and interesting characters - Worlds are only the beginning to a deep narrative.
• Spark an interest in storytelling game creation - For many students, this will be their first introduction to the process of game creation.
• Gain an insight to more nuanced narrative building - When thinking of narratives as interactive games, participants have to break down their stories into their component parts to rearrange, rework or even choose what to discard.
• Participants aged 14 to 18
• No writing experience required
• Interest in creating stories or narratives
• Friday 10 March 2023 , 9.00am to 1.30pm (arrive by 8.50am for registration)
• Venue: The Arts House
• Price: $35.00/pax (ticketing charges apply)
To register or for more details of the programme: https://ywlab2023.eventbrite.sg
To know more about Storytelling Games – See the infographic here.