Getting Started on Your Family StoryOrganised by: Singapore Book Council
Performed by: The History Workroom
Family is something close to our hearts. We all document our family in one way or the other: we take photographs, we save keepsakes from our childhood, we listen to and retell family stories.
This workshop will help you transform your photos, mementoes and memories into a family story that will be treasured by your family. Led by facilitators from The History Workroom, this workshop will:
- Provide tips on how to organise and preserve treasured items and memories
- Show how to use selected public databases and resources to search for details and historical context
- Give examples on how to compile and write a meaningful story of your family
- Explore the exciting options in presenting and sharing your family story
Throughout the process, the facilitators will share their own experiences in family history and discuss several case studies to give participants ideas and inspiration for their own projects.
This is an in-person workshop and is suitable for anyone interested in family history.
- Be able to organise and adopt effective methods of preserving family photos, documents and memories
- Be able to use selected online databases to research their family history
- Understand the pros and cons of various options for writing, presenting and sharing their family story
- Develop a roadmap for their family story project.