The panel comprising director, playwright and applied theatre practitioner who have worked on translated works will discuss their interpretation of the original work and how they adapted it for their audience.
The issues addressed will include:
- How much do we translate, adapt and localise?
- What does it mean to 'localise' a script?
- When we translate and adapt, do we do the same to its culture?
- Do we need to 'standardise' the language?
- Do we need to 'beautify/modify/distill' the street language into official standard structure because theatre is a 'piece of art'?