An exciting line-up of arts experiences awaits you this November, in the 13th edition of Arts in Your Neighbourhood!
Explore the town of Punggol through recorded soundscapes, environmental data, and stories of real people in the neighbourhood, weaved into interactive visual art installations. See if you can spot the giant five stones scattered around the town, with patterns inspired by the flora and fauna of the waterway!
With the highest percentage of children under 5 years old, Punggol is probably the youngest district in Singapore. Kids will love discovering both new and traditional forms of music and dance, specially tailored for young audiences and taking place in various other parts of the island as well. Families can also look forward to bonding over theatre and drama games.
With over 40 arts activities happening at 13 locations across the island, there is something suitable for everyone. See you at our events!
Some of the highlight programmes this AYN November include:
· Sensing Punggol – Be intrigued by the stories through a collaborative artwork of "data sculptures" created from environmental data collected by residents of Punggol from around the neighbourhood.
· Five Stones – Reminisce personal memories and shared histories with the inflatable large-scale five stones in this playful and interactive public art project, a commission by NAC's Public Art Trust in commemoration of the Singapore Bicentennial.
· A Rainbow Odyssey – Participate in an 'arts amazing race' with your family and join in the theatrical adventure through a rainbow-licious playground to find the lost treasure with Dottie and her friends.
· 7 Wonders of Punggol - Experience the beauty of seven iconic locations around Punggol through this multi-disciplinary, multi-ethnic performance by Brahmastra which integrates music, poetry, and puppetry.
Other family-friendly programmes that will appeal to younger audiences include:
· A Little Bed Trip (Petite Nuit Au Lit) – Explore the world of dreams and the transition from waking up to falling asleep in this theatrical vertical dance featuring nine beds piled on top of one another. This programme is held in collaboration with the French Embassy and Institut Francais, in conjunction with Voilah! Festival.
· Every Little Step I Take – Add a little waltz to your everyday walk with this interactive footprint trail in Punggol and catch pop-up performances along the way.
· Fun with Music – A Trip to the Zoo! – Go on an imaginary trip to the zoo and enjoy an original work that introduces wind instruments and orchestral music in a fun fashion.
Admission is free for all programmes. With over 40 arts activities happening at 13 locations across the island, there is something suitable for everyone. See you at our events!