The only part-time drama pedagogical course for professionals in Singapore.
This 40-hour certification course provides participants with fundamental pedagogical knowledge and skills to help them create meaningful and imaginative learning experiences for their students with drama. The course results in a Certificate of Completion recognised by the National Arts Council.
- Develop greater awareness of the role and impact of a drama educator in the Singapore context
- Understand the creative potential of drama-based pedagogies that aim to foster students' curiosity, empathy and criticality
- Understand key components of lesson planning and acquire skills in planning developmentally appropriate drama lesson for target groups
- Manage resources and the physical environment as part of classroom management
- The course is suitable for educators with at least 2 years of classroom experience