How does loss relate to writing? How does it shape writing? The panel will feature Desmond, Li Shan and Clara, in an hour-long investigation where lived experiences and craft meet.
In this session, we will explore:
1. How writing can be a witness to a personal loss
2. The responsibilities of writers when approaching such topics.
3. An interrogation of the language/medium used as a means to write on such issues.
- Desmond Kon Zhicheng-Mingdé is the author of an epistolary novel, three hybrid works, and nine poetry collections.
- Chan Li Shan is Director of the Writing Center and Writing Residency Fellow at the Asian University for Women.
- Clara Lock is a writer by profession and storyteller at heart, who has written for various publications, brands and organisations.