Go green and be arty this school holidays at Goodman Open House – Re:Imagined, a family-friendly arts festival that offers art lovers of all ages a creative day out to enjoy.
Held in Goodman Arts Centre, Singapore's largest arts enclave, the one-day festival and open house takes on, for the first time, a theme on reimagining creative ways of art making in an environmentally sustainable fashion.
With over 20 different workshops and performances by Goodman's resident artists and arts groups, junior and adult festival-goers can immerse themselves in interactive activities, explore open studios and tours, check out exhibitions, and shop in a sustainable lifestyle market.
Key highlights include:
- Drop-in workshops: Be an artist for a day! From learning how to repurpose used or broken objects into works of art, reimagining acrylic art pieces using recycled materials, to a community participation workshop with ceramics, activities are suited for ages 3 and above.
- Multi-disciplinary performances: Sit back and unwind with music and dance performances, as well as interactive segments for festivalgoers to groove, sing and jam along.
- Open studio sessions: Step into the creative spaces of Goodman's resident artists and have a better understanding of the process of art creation.
- Exhibitions: Let your imagination take flight with the exhibitions by Superhero Me and Mural Lingo. The former features an inclusive obstacle course and larger-than-life cardboard creations for children and adults of all abilities. The latter features everyday objects reinvented and repurposed by artists into a new form and function.
- Goodman Green Green Market: A sustainable lifestyle market featuring close to 30 eco-conscious vendors, including some of Singapore's home-grown farmers. Pick up a reusable product or grab a bite at the dining spaces.
The inaugural 100 and 100 More Festival for Young Audiences by The Artground which runs from 25 May – 3 Jun 2018, also takes place during Goodman Open House – Re:Imagined.