India Se presents the second Asian Women Writers Festival featuring British Chinese author Jung Chang.
Following the success of its inaugural event, this year the celebrated Chinese-born British author Jung Chang will be the keynote speaker. Jung Chang is the author of the best-selling books Wild Swans: Three Daughters of China (1991), Mao: The Unknown Story (2005, with Jon Halliday) and Empress Dowager Cixi: The Concubine Who Launched Modern China (2013). Translated into more than 40 languages, her books have sold more than 15 million copies around the world.
Other writers attending are:
· Balli Kaur Jaswal (Singapore)
· Nuraliah Norasid (Singapore)
· Noelle De Jesus (Philippines)
· Shobhaa De (India)
· Mitra Phukan (India)
· Sabyn Javeri (Pakistan)
All these writers have contributed significantly to the literature of the region.
The theme for this year is 'Women Write To Change'.
Some of the highlights of this 2-day event:
· Keynote address by Jung Chang and panel discussion featuring all the invited authors. Moderated by Shamini Flint
· Creative writing workshop by Sabyn Javeri
· Conversation on Writing and Aging featuring Shobhaa De, Jung Chang, Mitra Phukan and India Se's Managing Director, Shobha Tsering Bhalla