Moonfest – A Mid-Autumn Celebration is an annual traditional Chinese arts festival held in celebration of the Mid-Autumn Festival. Now in its 13th edition, Moonfest presents the opportunity for families and friends, young and old to be exposed to and rediscover the intrinsic beauty of traditional Chinese arts.
Featuring both ticketed and free programmes, this year's highlights include:
- two Peking Opera productions by Hubei Provincial Peking Opera Theatre.
- a Chinese chamber music concert by China Broadcasting Chinese Orchestra.
- a Chinese ethnic minority folk dance and music performance.
- a puppetry production for the young.
- free opera performances and backstage tours at the outdoor Chinese street opera stage.
- the ever popular Lantern Walkabout along the Esplanade waterfront!
Running from 29 September till 4 October, the day of Mid-Autumn Festival, we warmly welcome you to celebrate a meaningful Mid-Autumn with us at Esplanade.